Give Bitcoin. Educate. Empower. Transform.
Mona Foundation believes that every child deserves the gift of education. Your Crypto donations help us give that gift.
We educate children in need globally, empower women and girls, and enable them to give back to transform their own communities. In 2019 we supported the education and empowerment of more than 429,000 students in 19 projects in 12 countries. We are also the proud recipient of Pineapple Fund grant of $1M.During this unprecedent crisis, Mona is supporting several of our projects fight COVID19 while they provide continuing education to their students by whatever means possible. One project is highlighted below. Pease give crypto to support our critical mission and to meet these needs. We accept the following cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Zcash (ZEC), Gemini Dollar (GUSD), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Chainlink (LINK).
Donating cryptocurrency is a non-taxable event, meaning you do not owe capital gains tax on the appreciated amount and can deduct it on your taxes. This makes Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency donations one of the most tax efficient ways to support your favorite cause. Check out thegivingblock.com/faq to lean more.
Here is why Rainn Wilson supports donating Crypto to Mona Foundation, on #BitcoinTuesday and beyond.
COVID19 Needs: In Lucknow, India, Mona supports 49 one-room schools in urban slums or remote villages where there is no running water, sanitation or schools, and often a family of 8-10 members live in one make-shift hut shared with their animals. Currently, there is a severe lack of awareness and means to fight this pandemic in these communities. Needs now include:
- COVID Kits: Masks: Provide 2,600 children with 8 masks, $0.25 each=$5,200, and 2 bars of sanitizing soap, $1.00 each = $5,200.
- Food: Provide 1,600 families of 4 each dry ration kit for a month = $8,944.
- Electronic device and access to Internet: Equip the Alumni students with either a cell phone or a computer and access to the internet so they can leverage SHEF’s online digital library, DSHOnline, and teach 5 to 10 children in their neighborhood. 80 Digital Enablers = $28,600
- 30 Laptops @ $420/each = $12,600
- 50 Smart Phones @ $150/each = $7,500
- 80 Internet Connections @ $100/yr = 8,000
- Training & Overhead @ $500/one-time = $500