Reporting to the CEO, the Direct of Operations will have primarily internal-facing responsibilities, ensuring the day-to-day operations of the organization run smoothly to fulfill the Foundation’s mission-oriented goals and objectives. The Director of Operations will manage organizational effectiveness and growth by overseeing the business strategy, including organizational finances, programmatic results, and information technology. The Director of Operations will also be responsible for coordinating all events and activities of the Foundation, the information flow and collaboration across the organization and for managing the organization’s financial, compliance and HR staff and resources.
- Assess opportunities for new and existing revenue streams
- Representation at all public events as delegated by the CEO.
- Participate in development of strategic plans and develop annual operations plans and budgets
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operational aspects of ongoing activities, projects and program administration across functions and geographical areas.
- Monitor and oversee Foundation’s budgets ensuring maximum revenue potential and efficient service standards are upheld.
- In alignment with the Foundation’s strategic goals and contractual relationships, ensure that all program services are meeting the on-going needs and outcomes as specified.
- Attend, coordinate and provide executive summaries to the Board of Directors with respect to various program development and activities.
- Comply with company's policies and procedures
- Analyze and improve current processes
- Establish and lead meetings with cross-functional teams
- Manage internal and external accounting resources
- Develop, maintain and monitor systems, tools and practices to improve the Foundation’s efficiency
- Provide leadership, oversight and direction to additional functional areas to include IT, Facilities, and other administrative or support departments as delegated by the CEO.
- Perform other duties
- Committed to service to others, flexible, agile and a problem solver
- Experience with international development and best practices
- Proven business acumen complimented with experience in non-profit organizations (5+ years preferred)
- Is self-motivated, resourceful, a strategic thinker, comfortable working independently with high personal accountability;
- Is a confident leader, able to juggle the needs of a growing organization with the bold vision for global impact;
- Is a strong team player; and s highly relational, at ease serving and stewarding board and executive volunteer relationships;
- Works with high attention to detail.
- Use financial, statistical and economic data to assess organizational results and manage risk
- Strong analytical skills and deep critical thinker
- Proactive and operates with a sense of urgency
- Ability to develop and execute work plans
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary & Compensation:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. If you are committed to helping others, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the organization. We are also committed to your success and offer compensation commensurate with experience. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Location: Seattle, WA area. Non-negotiable.
All applications should include a cover letter and be submitted by December 30, 2018 to
218 Main Street, #404
Kirkland, WA 98033
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org